From the world's most highly-engineered sniper rifle, to simple tuning of SWAT armorer orders before delivery, SMITH TACTICAL has become synonymous with reliability, quality and performance under the most extreme duty conditions, at some of the most competitive prices in the industry.
When a high-quality law enforcement or military supplier like FN, Colt, Browning, Davidsons LE, Springfield (and many others) chooses to add the SMITH TACTICAL name to their bid, you know you are purchasing pistols, rifles and other armaments that are far beyond the usual milspec standards of even the most elite and demanding RFPs.
Similarly, when a department or division armorer, gunsmith or rangemaster chooses SMITH TACTICAL, you know they are taking that important extra step to protect and insure the success of their officers, agents and soldiers.
Armorers have several easy options: 1. Have your order "make a stop" independently at Smith, with a separate RFP, between the factory/distributor and you, or 2. Include the Smith stop in your RFP, or 3. Simply send us a shipment of any size, from 1 to 1,000, for reconditioning, tuning, or complete customization.
Any competent gunsmith can tune an action, enhance an extractor, do a trigger job, or enhance a barrel's performance. Smith goes much farther, with it's trademarked "A.P.E." system of Accuracy, Power and Ease of Use. The patented "Smith Tactical Sight" system also has been used by many purchasers to add refinement to powerful magnum weapons platforms.
Here are a few case history examples, showing how we can help:
1. RFP 001: Take a shipment of 118 new duty Berettas, break them down, test their actions, correct factory discrepancies, tune them, and finish in a week, for $10 a gun.
2. RFP 002: Create a completely custom "1,800 yd." sniper rifle for a single elite agency, for $33,000.
3. RFP 003: Engineer 12 Sig P220's to be 100% more accurate, reliable and user friendly, while adding the most common hi-tech accessories, in less than 30 days, for $300 a gun.
4. RFP 004: Repair, rebuild where necessary, clean and tune 8 .300 Win Mag Sniper Rifles with custom extractor jobs, new triggers, and action repair or refurbish, all to highest mil spec ("like new"), in two weeks, for $500 per gun.
5. RFP 005: Triage 30 duty Glocks, repair, replace, resell, exchange, so 30 new are returned depending on triage results, for $200 per gun, in one week cycles of 5 guns per.
6. RFP 006: Reduce the sound signature of a top secret new, fully auto, silenced magnum pistol -- by 33% -- within three months.
7. RFP 007: This is a comprehensive SOCOM PO for over 1,000 Mossberg Mariner Shotguns. There are 12 varieties of this custom tactical shotgun for over 6 different intervention agencies, and a separate open PO for 33 law enforcement agencies. ST does everything from simple barrel and trigger jobs on this fine shotgun, to complete makeovers including folding and collapsible stocks, front trigger grips, pic rails and over 19 scope, laser, light, holo and other custom modifications and additions.
Please note that although the very fine quality Rem 870 and some Win defenders, as well as Mossy cruisers, are standard for USCG and other teams, the Mossberg Mariner, with it's extreme duty finish and 9-shot tube, has become the standard for the most elite forces we serve!
8. RFP 008: ST is one of the US's largest Sig armorers. Over half of all Sigs that are specially customized go through ST!
9. RFP 009: 5 years ago, nearly every AR we worked on for a special agency was a Colt. Now, over half of the systems we see are Bushmaster! To be very honest and objective, the bushies we were seeing 5 years ago were crap, BUT the current generations are as good as, and in some cases BETTER THAN, the Colts. It has been amazing to watch a "toy" become a serious LE and special agency tool over these years: how far behind can the large military RFPs be? Contact us if you want more details on what your fellow buyers are doing!
When you see "Smith Tactical" on any weapon, you know that your armorer or seller has chosen the highest standards of inspection, tuning, or customization for YOUR welfare! LOOK FOR BOTH THE "QC By Smith Tactical" stamp as well as a "provenance" certificate, proving Smith Tactical (ST) customized your weapon. SAVE these certificates, as they greatly increase the value of your weapon on re-sale or trade in! In addition, ST operates one of the largest engraving plants in the world, with divisions in Europe and the Far East.
For more example RFP's, including confidential requests, or to discuss your own custom needs, simply email us with your questions or needs. NO PROJECT is too big or small, and we're also happy just to answer your questions, free of charge, to contribute to the safety of our country, officers, agents and soldiers. We also do third party evaluation of any RFP, working independently only for you! "Remember SMITH (as in gunsmith) TACTICAL (as in practical) for all your specialty needs!"
If you were directed here from one of the University or Gunsmith Schools, Smith Tactical has an exclusive relationship with Phoenix State University for all our courses. From Gunsmithing to Engraving, CSI, Advanced Interrogation, Security Consulting, and many others, PSU offers some of the finest courses in the world. As one of the largest employers of gunsmiths and engravers in the world, we recruit many of our new team members from PSU. Click HERE to visit their site today, or click HERE for information on your Home Based FFL if you are already a gunsmith. Smith Tactical is now a division of ETI and part of the ETI/PSU family due to the recent merger.